Saturday, April 9, 2011

FIRST POST!!!

So I thought I would start this blog with reviews of items I recently purchased within the past month.

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller in Sheer Tint:
Rating: 5 out of 5
Price Range: $9 to $11

I was anticipating on trying this because I heard many good reviews on how natural and lightweight this roller is. This product says it will get rid of under-eye puffiness and dark circles for brighter looking eyes. It is dermatologist tested, ophthalmatogist tested, allergy free, and non-greasy.

I personally have really dark eye circles, dry skin, and am also starting to develop wrinkles under my eyes. For reference, I am a NC 25 in MAC. When I tried this product, it was really cooling and moisturizing to my eyes after a night of sleep. I used it as a concealer for day to day use because it provides a lightweight tint. The coverage is really good considering that I typically like using full coverage concealers.

Overall, I would buy this again. It helps moisturize the under eyes, conceals, and also prevent wrinkles(supposedly). Compared to concealers, the roller does more than just concealing. I would recommend this to persons with light to medium skin tone because the color is quite fair.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef, Lilac Pastelle, and Shine City:
Rating: 4 out of 5
Price: $6.99

These are one of the best drugstore lipglosses I have tried. They are fairly inexpensive especially when you get it on a BOGO deal. Compared to MAC lipglasses, these are really opaque and non sticky. I really like how this line provides a lilac colored lipgloss too. I give this a 4 out of 5 because I just wish the color selection to be a bit larger.

Here are the swatches of the lipglosses compared to other similar MAC shades:
coral reef vs. luscious spark dazzleglass, lilac pastelle vs. lavender wind lipglass, and shine city vs. baby sparks dazzleglass.

Panasonic Eyelash Curler:
Rating: 3 out of 5
Price: $14.99

This is my second heated eyelash curler I have purchased. In the past I have used Ardell's heated curler, but it would always break after 3 months use. So I decided to try this Panasonic one because I heard read and watched reviews of how well this works. It is made like a form of a lash comb and not the conventional metal curler style.

I found that this curler is just ok for me. I personally have really stick straight Asian eyelashes that doesn't hold a curl for even 5 minutes after I apply mascara. I tried to curl my lashes with this without mascara and with mascara. I found that it didn't really curl well when no mascara applied. When you use it after mascara, it worked a lot better. I guess the mascara acted as a kind of gel so that once heated the curl was better. It also helps comb out mascara clumps and make the mascara look longer IMO.

0 comments: